Tue, Dec 14|
Managing Up: Working Successfully with Any Type of Boss
Whether we like it or not, our bosses have enormous influence over our ability to succeed, thrive, and advance in our organizations, in our careers, and in our own leadership journey.
Time & Location
Dec 14, 2021, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST
About the event
Establishing robust and productive working relationships with those above us is the single most effective way to accelerate success in any organization. Whether you are reporting to a supervisor, middle manager, VP, top executive, or a board of directors, managing up is a skill that we all need. This lively and interactive virtual webinar provides proven strategies and techniques to increase cooperation and collaboration between those with different power levels, perspectives, and personalities. Learning to manage up effectively is good for you, good for your boss, and suitable for your operation.
This live virtual session helps attendees:
- -Raise awareness around preferred work style and behaviors—of self and others
- -Recognize different leadership styles and explore adaptive strategies for communicating and collaborating with each style
- -Understand and manage personality differences that impact manager/staff relationships
- -Understand their own and their supervisor's “hot buttons.”
- -Navigate “difficult” boss types
- -Manage virtual relationships with managers and colleagues
- -Take ownership of one’s own professional success